Here is the passage we are reflecting on this week:
“And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not bring us to the time of trial, but rescue us from the evil one.” (Matthew 6:12-13)
- When was a time when you saw a debt canceled or you yourself canceled someone’s debt to you?
- When or what has caused you the most struggle in understanding and practicing forgiveness?
- In what ways could this passage possibly point outward to our witness in the world?
- Take time to confess your your temptations, debts or “trespasses” to God and/or someone close to you.
- Make time to offer forgiveness to someone who needs it.
- Write out a plan to help “cancel a debt” of someone you know close to you.
- Draw connections between these lines in the prayer and other situations, events, parables and teachings in the Biblical narrative. What do you find out that elucidates this passage?
Feel free to share as little or as much as you want below in the comments concerning these queries and activities.