April 28th, 2013
You can subscribe to our podcast viaa standalone RSS reader or find it in the iTunes Podcast directory.
Jesus demonstrated that the cross is in fact about giving up the right to control the outcomes, to die to our own personal causes, and to force others to accept our positions on things. This is why we usually use words like “surrender” and “sacrifice” when we talk about the cross.
- What would it look like for us to surrender or sacrifice in long-standing family feuds?
- What would it look like for us to give up the need to control the outcomes in our dealings at work?
- What might it look like for us to not try and get our own way when it comes to how we conduct ourselves as a church?
- How might we live, interact with, adjust our expectations, even ask questions in ways that better honor one another’s soul?
- How might we strengthen our commitment to being a fellowship where everyone is safe enough for their soul to show up?
- How might we live in such a way that we affirm our belief that every soul has that of God within them and is worthy of honor?