From the back cover:
“Since its first publication in 1941, A Testament of Devotion, by the renowned Quaker teacher Thomas Kelly, has been universally embraced as a truly enduring spiritual classic. Plainspoken and deeply inspirational, it gathers together five compelling essays that urge us to center our lives on God’s presence, to find quiet and stillness within modern life, and to discover the deeply satisfying and lasting peace of the inner spiritual journey. As relevant today as it was a half-century ago, A Testament of Devotion is the ideal companion to that highest of all human arts-the lifelong conversation between God and his creatures.”
Tentative reading and discussion schedule is as follows:
|11/8||The Light Within||1-22|
|11/29||The Blessed Community||49-61|
|12/6||The Eternal Now and Social Concern||63-85|
|12/13||The Simplification of Life||87-100|
Fresh Bread meets Wednesdays from 7:00pm to 8:15pm at the Camas Friends Meeting House (in the pastor’s office). Our most recent books include:
- Science Mike’s Finding God in the Waves: How I Lost My Faith and Found it Again Through Science
- Marcus Borg’s The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering a Life of Faith
- Julie Clawson’s Everyday Justice: The Global Impact of our Daily Choices
- Philip Gulley’s Living the Quaker Way: Discover the Hidden Happiness in the Simple Life
- Jim Wallis’s America’s Original Sin: Racism, White Privilege, and the Bridge to a New America.
Fresh Bread Discussions are a great time to ask questions, get to know each other, and engage in spiritual formation. Hope to see you there!