The Camas Friends Church Book Discussion Group (which we often refer to as “Fresh Bread”) meets Wednesdays from 7:00pm to 8:15pm (in the pastor’s office).
On September 12 we will begin a seven-week discussion of Richard Rohr’s Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life. You can read more about the book and purchase a copy HERE.
Tentative Reading Schedule:
|Sep 12||Invitation and Introduction|
|Sep 19||Chs 1-2|
|Sep 26||Ch 3|
|Oct 3||Chs 4-6|
|Oct 10||Chs 7-9|
|Oct 17||Chs 10-11|
|Oct 24||Chs 12-13 and Coda|
Please consider joining this open-to-all weekly gathering! This is a fun, formative, and connective time to engage books and one another on various spiritual topics.
Our most recent books include:
- Reza Aslan’s Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
- Lisa Sharon Harper’s The Very Good Gospel: How Everything Wrong Can Be Made Right
- Science Mike’s Finding God in the Waves: How I Lost My Faith and Found it Again Through Science
- Thomas Kelly’s A Testament of Devotion
- Marcus Borg’s The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering a Life of Faith
- Julie Clawson’s Everyday Justice: The Global Impact of our Daily Choices
- Philip Gulley’s Living the Quaker Way: Discover the Hidden Happiness in the Simple Life
- Jim Wallis’s America’s Original Sin: Racism, White Privilege, and the Bridge to a New America.
Hope to see you there!