The Camas Friends Church Book Discussion Group meets Wednesdays from 7:00pm to 8:15pm. We are currently meeting via Zoom.
Learn more about our current discussion here: Book Discussion Group Winter 2021: *Native* by Kaitlin B. Curtice.
These gatherings are a connective time to engage books and one another on various spiritual topics. The goal of our time is to support one another as we each grow in our experience and concrete expression of God’s Love.
Our most recent books include:
- Marcelle Martin’s Our Life is Love: The Quaker Spiritual Journey
- Jemar Tisby’s The Color of Compromise: The Truth about the American Church’s Complicity in Racism
- Rachel Held Evans’ Inspired: Slaying Giants, Walking on Water, and Loving the Bible Again
- Robin Wall Kimmerer’s Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants
- Barbara Brown Taylor’s Holy Envy: Finding God in the Faith of Others
- Nadia Bolz-Weber’s Shameless: A Sexual Reformation
- Matt Boswell’s The Way to Love: Reimagining Christian Spiritual Growth as the Hopeful Path of Virtue
- Richard Rohr’s Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life
- Reza Aslan’s Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
- Lisa Sharon Harper’s The Very Good Gospel: How Everything Wrong Can Be Made Right
- Science Mike’s Finding God in the Waves: How I Lost My Faith and Found it Again Through Science
- Thomas Kelly’s A Testament of Devotion
Hope to see you there!