The Camas Friends Church Book Discussion Group (which we often refer to as “Fresh Bread”) meets Wednesdays from 7:00pm to 8:15pm (in the pastor’s office).
We are currently discussing Nadia Bolz-Weber’s Shameless: A Sexual Reformation. Click HERE for more information about our reading schedule for this book and what to expect.
These gatherings are a connective time to engage books and one another on various spiritual topics. The goal of our time is to support one another as we each grow in our experience and concrete expression of God’s Love.
Our most recent books include:
- Matt Boswell’s The Way to Love: Reimagining Christian Spiritual Growth as the Hopeful Path of Virtue
- Richard Rohr’s Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life
- Reza Aslan’s Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
- Lisa Sharon Harper’s The Very Good Gospel: How Everything Wrong Can Be Made Right
- Science Mike’s Finding God in the Waves: How I Lost My Faith and Found it Again Through Science
- Thomas Kelly’s A Testament of Devotion
- Marcus Borg’s The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering a Life of Faith
- Julie Clawson’s Everyday Justice: The Global Impact of our Daily Choices
- Philip Gulley’s Living the Quaker Way: Discover the Hidden Happiness in the Simple Life
- Jim Wallis’s America’s Original Sin: Racism, White Privilege, and the Bridge to a New America.
Hope to see you there!